Auto preventative maintenance reduces the likelihood that your vehicle will need major repairs and can keep it running at maximum efficiency. It’s important to remember that every vehicle is different, and the preventative maintenance that your car requires depends on its specific qualities, so always follow your vehicle’s maintenance schedule and service interval record whenever possible. Generally speaking, there are some common forms of regular and infrequent auto preventative maintenance that can keep your vehicle performing at peak levels.
Short-term car preventative maintenance:
- Regular check-ups inspecting oil and coolant levels, your engine’s air filter, tire pressure and tread, as well as the lights on your vehicle, such as your headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and parking lights.
- Rotating your tires will increase their lifespan and efficacy.
- Regularly waxing your vehicle will not only make it look nice, but it can help prevent rust from forming.
- Regularly check your transmission fluid to ensure your transmission is healthy.
Less regularly, the following auto preventative maintenance should be performed:
- Shocks and struts inspections
- Spark plug inspection and replacement
- Coolant fluid exchange
- Inspection and potential replacement of the serpentine belt
- Seasonal check-ups
- Battery performance check
- Windshield wiper replacement
- Seasonal tire changes
- Check coolant levels
Gurr Auto is happy to offer auto preventative maintenance to drivers in St. Thomas, Ontario, and anywhere nearby. To book a preventative maintenance appointment, please click here. Or, if you would like to learn more about preventative maintenance, or about any of our other services, you can contact us via our website or call us at 519-637-9861.